HACKDANCE - the 1st-ever hackathon concurrent with Sundance!
Hackdance: the first celebrity-driven social impact hackathon kicks off on January 16th, & you're invited to take part in this historical event! Your mission: partner your tech skills w a celebrity passionate about changing the world to design apps/hacks that use technology to create social impact.
--> Join 1 of our 5 celebs' teams to create an app to help change the world!
Celebrity Team Leaders:
Golden Globe Winner Alex Ebert (of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
PERKS: The hackathon's host is the Collective: DisruptFilm Summit, a VIP, invite-only Sundance experience! So your team will meet people like filmmakers, successful entrepreneurs, VC's and influencers who can help accelerate your hacks. Plus, you get to attend exclusive parties and events, all free of charge (a $3,200 value!).
VCs from Mayfield to Khosla to Mohr Davidow to LaunchHouse
Keynotes by Nelson Mandela's grandson, Simon Sinek (TED Speaker, Author), Matt Mickievicz (founder, 99Designs)
Influencers including Adrien Grenier, Olivia Wilde's Ryot.org, and Lauryn Hill
- The accepted developers, designers, & visionaries will drive or fly in & hack for 48 hours (& then enjoy Sundance and The Collective's events).
- Hacker/celeb teams will compete before our judges, all key founders/leads from FourSquare, YouTube, 99Designs, Tagged & Hired.com,
- Awards include a $5,000 cash prizes and in-kind goods - from legal work to bad-ass wearables to incubation.
- The winning team gets to join the PITCHFEST & pitch alongside full-fledged companies for investment from TOP VCs!
- Once the hack is over, enjoy the perks of being at an exclusive tech event at a luxury resort ... at Sundance!
Hackdance was created after the organizers saw a key element missing from social impact hackathons ... after the hacks were made, they rarely saw the light of day and thus rarely made a social impact. Hackdance solves this by "hacking Sundance" to align the key resource of celebrity influence with the hacking teams to ensure that their projects have a way to reach the general public.
Hackers arrive, meet and great, and set up.
Celebrities and leaders from Social Impact Groups describe problems they want solved. The we form teams and start hacking
Have some wholesome breakfast, on us. No, not ON us. Like, we will feed you. Geez you're sleep deprived.
Keep building, get that design done, get those prototypes up!
Probably skip breakfast, because the deadline is coming up, and you're freaking out. But it's there if you want it.
Pencils down! Projects DUE
Pitch! You get 5 minutes and 5 slides. Then will be asked questions.
Have fun & enjoy Sundance, events, networking, parties!